Research and development
6 phds has been started under three research themes:
Developing a Smart Production Lab:
- A Smart Production laboratory will be established where researcher can test their results, and where industrial stakeholders can experiment and test new technologies.
- The lab will be "Front Loaded" through the acquisition of technology from an existing state-of-art Industry 4.0 platform.
- Construction and operation will be ongoing over the life of the program
Implementing and testing the research in real industrial settings:
- The research will be made in close collaboration with Danish industries where the research results will be tested in real industrial settings.
Integrating results into our training and education programs:
- The results from the research program to be included in our teaching activities. It can be in the form of student projects, integration in training for students and companies or in the form of whole new study programs.
AAU Production is organized around six work packages that reference to a steering committee with representation from six AAU departments.
WP0 Management and Coordination
WP1-3 Research Themes
WP1 Designing Production Systems
WP2 Proactive Supply Chains
WP3 Sustainable Value Chains
WP5 Smart Production Lab
3 mill. DDK / year (AAU / MADE / SPIR)
4.2 mill. DDK (Obel Family Foundation / AAU)
6.5 mill. DKK (Laurits Andersens Fond)
Affiliated research platforms
MADE, Manufacturing Academy of Denmark
MADE Digital – Application at the Innovation Foundation Denmark